.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 06, 2006

Sat. Nav.

I have again left a long time to keep up with the blog. Since my last post we have had a few more visits to the hospital with the Sickie and to the Vets with the dog. Few more appointments are already in pipeline for both.

I have been trying to purchase a Tom Tom. When we ventured to the maze of Sat. Nav.s I couldn’t make my mind up but Girlie friend 1 who originally was only accompanying me, ended up buying one. I flapped around for a day or two to GF 1’s utter disgust that I didn’t spend my money. Eventually I was persuaded to get a Garmin. Now we have a power struggle. Hers is a low spec Tom Tom. Mine is a higher spec Garmin. She proclaims that hers is the original Sat. Nav. Just to keep up with her I insist in calling mine a Gam Gam but she still is adamant that hers is a better one. Since it is a new toy it is being tested out at every opportunity. It is programmed to direct me to every single journey even if I have travelled that road four times a day for the last 15 years. It is a mad house in my car if she is with me (of course she carries hers in the handbag). Two boring voices telling you where to go and when to turn while my car can travel that journey alone by itself if it was a horse. Generally my Gam Gam is a second quicker than her Tom Tom in giving instruction so all is well and good! How childish can you get?

We have seen clocks change (I hate it. Why can’t they leave things alone?), Halloween come and gone and Bonfire night just ended. My poor old dog is so frightened that I was stuffing the cotton wool in her ears and tying a scarf on her head to drown the bangs. Nothing seems to work. Each year she is getting worse. I would have thought that being old she would lose her hearing but no she can hear the fire works 5 miles away.

Comments:
I had to laugh when you
said you put a scarf on your dog-
reminded me of Ena Sharples!
My dog is young and it's her
2nd fireworks night, bloody
howls like a banshee and is very
clingy. Better then last year though. I'm hoping eventually
I will be able to reassure her.
I doubt it-because it's only
once a year they don't have time
to get used to it.
My younger son the one who
is Autistic, really really
hates them (he likes sparklers
though)he told me that I had no
idea how he and the dog felt
and how would I like to hear
it as loud as he does? Which
I guess says it all!
 
You do use funniest comparision ever...Ena Sharples and Banshee!
I bought a CD called CrashBang to get the dog used to the noise but it drove me mad and frightened the dog more, so gave up.
Sorry about your youngest. It must be hard.
 
I don't think dogs
ever really get used
to noise unless they
are exposed to it from
very young, like police
dogs and guidedogs.
Little K is getting better
(my youngest not stupid-dog)
because he can articulate
more, that helps.
It is hard but he's bright
and funny. Very like D
actually! Older son is
class 1 nut like me!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

British Blogs. Blog Search Engine BlogRankers.com World Blog Directory URL: http://www.addurlblog.com/ BlogRankers.com Blogarama - The Blogs Directory