.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 16, 2006

Raffle

Too many things going on at the moment to find time and energy for writing a blog.

If you don't blog regularly then do you feel as if you have forgotten to do something and just can't figure out what it was? Or do you take blogging as something you do but if you don't it make no difference? Do you write so that you can read it as a record of what you were doing at that time in life or do you write to air your thoughts? Do you write because you want to open your heart and mind to someone who will not judge you and if they do they can not come to haunt you in future? Does writing your journal help you in some way? Which way?

Anyway, I spent the week end at an exhibition. While wrapping up the even everyone was trying get rid of the stuff they had on display so the last hour or so was just give away hour. Someone told me that the charity stall at the end was doing a raffle and giving away teddy bears so I should also go. I saw that there were loads of prizes still left including a number of teddy bears. I bought £5 worth of tickets. Instead of 2 for £1 they were giving 4 tickets now. I opened them all and won none of the raffles. He gave me a handful of tickets saying try these; there must be a winner in them. None! He must have felt sorry for me because he called his assistant and three of us dipped in the big bin full of folded tickets and started opening them. Did I get a number? NO sir. Eventually he gave up and said "never mind, at least we had a good go."

Can you believe my luck?

Comments:
I always get the crap prizes in raffles - the ones that no-one in their right mind would want. Then people tell me how lucky I am - but oddly they don't want my prizes if I offer to give them one.
As to why blog - it's getting to be a habit. I write mostly to share things I find amusing with some more serious stuff. But I sometimes find it a struggle.
 
Aw you poor thing! That's horrible! Especially when it comes to losing out on winning a teddy! A girl never grows too old for a teddy in my opinion, hence why I still own a blue Carebear, lol!

As for the blogging thing - totally on your level! I like my blog coz I can look back ova what I was doig at a certain point in my life, but partly also to showcase some of my writing work and vent off my social pet-hates.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

British Blogs. Blog Search Engine BlogRankers.com World Blog Directory URL: http://www.addurlblog.com/ BlogRankers.com Blogarama - The Blogs Directory