.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 23, 2006

Happy New Year 2063 = 2006

Happy Diwali and a Happy New Year to all Hindu people.

Sometimes I wonder whether Girlie Friend No. 1 says things to wind me up or she actually believes some narrow minded, misguided conception that she utters. Today Hindu calendar turns a new year 2063. Girlie Friend No. 1 just cannot accept that the Hindu calendar is in front of the English one. To her either they have cheated and jumped the numbers or some how they are wrong.


What annoys me though is that most British calendars and diaries show Eid and Ramadan (Muslim festivals) but not Diwali which is a Hindu festival. It is same in the media. Is it the fact that the one who shouts the loudest gets heard?

Looking back I noticed that this is my 3rd Diwali posting on this blog so I won’t tell you any more stories like before. Perhaps next year!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

British Blogs. Blog Search Engine BlogRankers.com World Blog Directory URL: http://www.addurlblog.com/ BlogRankers.com Blogarama - The Blogs Directory