.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 11, 2006

Dentists

Do the dentists think they are Gods?

I am very happy with my dentist even though I have to take out a small mortgage when I see him because I think his work is good. The routine appointments are never made in the same quarter of the year you phone because his diary is always full.

Once I was stuck in the traffic so I phoned to say I would be late getting there and I was told that the appointment had to be cancelled, they can’t fit me in if I am late. On the other hand, never ever in my life I was seen on the time of my appointment when I was on or before time.

This time I had a work appointment straight after the dentist so I phoned to ask if I could be seen on time please. They said no. They said it is not possible because there could be an emergency. If that is the case then fine. I can accept that but every time when I was made to wait was there an emergency? They said oh the dentist runs behind most of the time. Aha…in other words more patients are taken up than it is possible to attend to them. What does it matter…the mortals have nothing worthwhile to do so they can sit around in the waiting room until the Gods can spare some time for them.

I got so frustrated that I would grit my teeth in anger but I had better not. If they wear out I will be sitting in the surgery once more!

Comments:
No, no. Doctors think they are Gods. Dentists are more like the offspring produced by Gods and mortals.

Kind of like Hercules. ;)
 
Grrr, don't remind me - my turn to go in a couple of weeks!
 
I had my teeth polished
today and God do my gums
smart now! Sparkly teeth
though!
 
Nope, dentists are Gods. At least in their own minds. No-one ever said gods had to be good did they?

Cautionary tale - guy at work falls over & loses feeling down one side. Goes to ER and has a brain scan - tumour is diagnosed. They start to operate and find it's not a tumour - it's an abcess on his brain. Direct cause - dental work! Still going???
 
Eeew that is nasty!
I hate going so much
that if I don't go
then I assume my teeth
are falling out in a
clump and I have rampent
gum disease!
If I go then at least it's
sorted-why do they have
to be so rough though?
Do they practice on
chicken carcasses or
something?
 
That's why I stick to my usual one- better the devil you know than the one you don't.(besides he is very good looking...lol).

If I don't go my pearly whites would turn into muddy brown with all the coffee I drink.
 
I think dentists are so rough because they assume that you want your moneys worth? I changed dentist a while ago due to healthcare changes - that, and my old dentist screwed up 3 appointments AND sang badly while doing treatments. So I moved and, surprise, they found some work to do and charge me for. What a surprise. Not.
 
So u don't wanna go 2 ur dentist? fuck I wish I was u and I had my chance 2c mine, he totally wants me, it's so awesome! I mean I don't like him that much, just a lil' bit, but his hotness 4 me is quite obvious.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

British Blogs. Blog Search Engine BlogRankers.com World Blog Directory URL: http://www.addurlblog.com/ BlogRankers.com Blogarama - The Blogs Directory