.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, August 25, 2006

DVT

All this time it was the overweight people who are targeted to be prone to DVT on their air travels. Now the research says that short people are also more prone to the condition.

People shorter than 5 ft 3 in are five times more likely to develop DVT after flying. Obese people are ten times as likely to suffer. Well, it seems that I am doomed on duel account! The problem shorties have is that their legs don’t reach the floor, the research says. Mind you tall people 6ft 3in or above also suffer DVT four times more than normal.

So if this is established then why more is not being done to counter-act it? I must say that good airlines have improved slightly but it is still not enough. Sitting for long periods was the main cause for DVT the report says. I believe that not just sitting but the cramped sitting does it. If the airlines are to cut down on alcohol and excess offerings of food – especially available on the long flights the money could be spent on improving the seating without increasing the fares.

In the mean time I am off to a week in the North West………yes more North and more West than Manchester. I hope it doesn’t rain in Scotland.

Comments:
I'm assuming this means deep vein thrombosis??

I'm almost 5'4 and my legs don't reach the floor at my desk - and I'm sat there some 12 hours at a time.

Shove a box under your feet, girl, and shake your legs a bit. No worries. ;)

I'm one of those people who can't sit still. As I get older I'm starting to be grateful for this.
 
You lucky girl....you are 4" taller!
 
Yay, short people rock! :-)
 
My argument is that I am a perfect height, its the others who are taller!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

British Blogs. Blog Search Engine BlogRankers.com World Blog Directory URL: http://www.addurlblog.com/ BlogRankers.com Blogarama - The Blogs Directory